Fellow privacy hackers,
Join us on Saturday at Noisebridge where we'll be hacking on privacy-enhancing software the world desperately needs! Here is your invite to our chat server: https://bit.ly/cwc-mminvite . (Or join #cpunkswritecode on Freenode, which is bridged to the main Mattermost room.)
Come help the Tor Project, the EFF, activists, and journalists by continuing the important work we began at our more formal hackthathon last month! Or hack on other privacy projects, including our new projects:
1. miniShare (instant in-browser encrypted sharing of files and text),
2. Encrypted AV Recording (record + encrypt + safely upload audio/video from your mobile device; requested by activists and journalists!),
3. OpenOversight (hold police accountable be crowd-sourcing their names and badge numbers so complains against them are no longer rejected, beginning with the Chicago police and expanding to other departments soon; created and headed by Jen Helsby of the Freedom of the Press Foundation),
4. LeapChat(self-destructing/ephemeral in-browser encrypted chat -- announced at 5MoF on May 18th! This is the foundation of the chat feature we'll use for the Pursuance Project),
5. Pursuance (end-to-end encrypted task management to help large groups of people band together to change the world; this is part of the Pursuance Project).
Developers, designers, activists, journalists, and concerned citizens are all welcome. We need software to be built, to be easy to use, and to solve real problems for real people; everyone has a role to play.
Projects we've hacked on during our previous formal and informal hackathons: https://github.com/cpunkswritecode/hackathons#hackathon-projects
Other projects you might want to contribute to (feel free to add to this to spread the word about some important project): https://github.com/cpunkswritecode/projects/wiki/Projects
We will be in the back classroom ("Church").
See you there!