• What We'll Do
Come to Civic Hack Night if you’re looking to join a project, pitch a project, or learn more about what civic hacking is and how you can help lead the civic tech movement in Austin, TX.
6:45pm 👋🏼👋🏼 Intros
We'll go around and say hi to our neighbors.
6:55pm 📢📢 Announcements
We give updates on Open Austin and call out upcoming events and opportunities. Community announcements welcome too.
7:00pm 📝 📚 Project Roll Call
During this time people with active projects, new project ideas, or discussion group topics will come to the front and share with the group.
• Have a project or discussion group? Reach out and let us know! We can help promote your project or discussion topic prior to the event.
• Looking for a project? Let us know you're coming by saying hey and telling us about your skills and interests in the comments or on Slack (https://slack.open-austin.org/). This can help us match you to a project.
7:10pm 👩🏽💻👨🏻🏫 Breakout Groups
There are a few different types of groups that form in Open Austin Hack nights.
• Project Groups: Groups of people working to complete a project.
• Learning & Discussion Groups: Groups formed around a subject or activity.
• Civic Hacking 101: Newbies to the organization will learn about Open Austin, open data, and civic hacking in Austin, Texas.
8:45pm 🔖✨👋🏼 Share Out, Tidy Up, & Leave
Take notes of the work done, clean up your area, and say goodbye to friends.
Food will be provided
About Community Action Night
Community Action Night is a study hall environment to get work done with a supportive and connected community. We begin every meeting with announcements, introductions, and then the group breaks out into project or learning teams.
Community Action Nights are where we give Civic Hacking 101 presentation for newcomers. During this presentation, you will learn more about Open Austin, open data, open government, and civic hacking and technology.
We encourage developers, designers, writers, data analyst, policy wonks, government workers, and citizens of all skill levels to join us.
• What to bring
💻 Please bring a laptop and be prepared to work!
If you have any questions, please contact Open-Austin at [masked].
If you have a project ideas please submit it to our project ideas repo:
• Important to know
Join our slack and say hello
We're All Ears
Give us post-event feedback (https://goo.gl/forms/9vJdNVED0TRSrfZQ2)