Short version: join us to work on your coding projects in this casual and supportive group code study session! We have suggested featured projects each week (see below), but feel free to work on your own things too.
We are a group of people from all walks of life who are passionate about coding and gather every week to keep learning, ideally through the free resources available on Codecademy.com (http://codecademy.com/).
Some of us will be working on some more advanced content but everyone is welcome, even the absolute beginner. Whatever your level, this is a great place to focus on your coding work and ask-and-answer burning programming questions.
For those of you seeking a challenge, we invite you to join us in tackling some of the projects on Free Code Camp (https://www.freecodecamp.com/challenges/friendly-date-ranges), which will work well as continued practice & learning for those who've finished some Codecademy courses.
• When you've finished enough Codecademy content to be comfortable building basic projects, we invite you to try the basic (and now also not so basic) material from Free Code Camp (https://www.freecodecamp.com/challenges/friendly-date-ranges) to train together with several of us who are a bit more experienced. Register from the link provided if you haven't yet - if you have any problem doing so, just contact us or talk with the organizers when you arrive. These will be the suggested featured projects each week.
• Ideally we will focus on getting the first projects done (tribute page and calculator are our main goals), but fear not about asking questions on syntax, basic JS, or more.
• More advanced project ideas are welcome too, contact us!
• Be sure to bring your own laptop (if that is not possible, tell us in advance, to see if we can pair you with someone).
• If you have other work you want to focus on, feel free to bring it but note that other attendees may not be able to help you as much on anything outside of Codecademy content and our featured work of the week (this week's Free Code Camp projects)
Please note: we don't have an arrangement or booking with citizenM and they appreciate us making purchases from their cafe/bar. By purchasing the occasional boost for your coding activities it will mean we can continue using this great space.
Are you organizing Code Project Hackathon (FreeCodeCamp Themed)?
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer
Sat, 28 Jul 2018 11:00 AM
Code Project Hackathon (FreeCodeCamp Themed)
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 6:00 PM
Serverless: The Missing Manual & Serverless Architecture in the Java Ecosystem