Storytellers, Marketers, Programers, Engineers, designers, web developers, IT Professionals, those curious about data, and lovers of Chapel Hill are all welcome! Even if you are not a tech type, there are plenty of opportunities to use your skills.
** What we'll do: **
We have a new project for 2022: the Orange County Quality of Life Dashboard project. Inspired by the dashboards of Mecklenburg and Durham County, Code for Chapel Hill wants to create an interactive map that demonstrates the qualities of Orange County, NC.
This project will consist of two major groups: a database management team and website development team. You don't need experience or skills in data or website development to contribute to this project.
** What to Know **
• See project Github pages for current issues and project goals.
• Jump on the Slack page to see discussions on each project. Searching "brigade-ch" will result in the channels related to the Code for Chapel Hill brigade.
Join Slack! Here we see post updates for Code for Chapel Hill and other Triangle brigade as well as Code for America
- Code for America Slack: ask Nia or join Slack with cfa.slack.com
- Open NC Collaborative Slack Link: https://join.slack.com/t/open-nc/shared_invite/zt-ggwi3ynm-f82eIgTN2_CUFxh_6t5hwQ
• Search #brigade-ch for the Code for Chapel Hill brigade
** What to bring **
• Project ideas! Review the website https://opendata-townofchapelhill.hub.arcgis.com/ to review available datasets. Each meeting includes a pitch window for possible future projects. Your ideas could be our next project!
** Proposed Schedule **
– 6:00 – 6:05: Mix and mingle
– 6:05 – 6:10: CfA and CfCH Overviews
– 6:10 – 6:15: On-boarding (Slack, Meetup)
– 6:15 – 6:55: QoL Project Updates
– 6:55 – 7:00: Recaps and Action Items