It's our December tradition - a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks from the members of CloudAustin and the larger Austin technical community!
This will be our first meeting back in person, at AWS' office in the Domain. MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED.
Want to speak? Email ([masked]) or comment below with name and talk title to get on the list. Talks are OK, demos are better, and there is a strict 5-minute limit. Show off whatever you're working on! Anyone can speak, but no sales pitches please.
1. Ian Littman - "ECS + Fargate, In Production"
2. Evan Niedojadlo - "Building an SRE process for small organizations"
3. Perry Statham - "A Scenario Meta-Model"
4. Jeremy Meiss - "DevOps before there was DevOps, 20 yr old style"
5. Boyd Hemphill - "Vacay is part of your comp. You should be as good at it as you are at spending your salary."
6. Deepak Parsam - "Monitoring with Prometheus"
7. Eric Long - "A Career in Presales"
8. Peco Karayanev - "Keep walking! Want to agitate everyone to take better care of themselves."
9. Robert Reeves - "Liquibase Data, version the ENTIRE database using git-like workflows."
Want to sponsor? Super! For 12 Clouds we usually have lots, multiple food/treats, drinks, door prizes... Contact us, you bring it to the meeting, and we'll list you here and you get a 2 minute pitch. (We don't handle money).
- Microsoft Developer Division, courtesy Mandy Whaley, food
- Coltech.io, courtesy Evan Niedojadlo, festive holiday drinks (eggnog, etc.) , non-alcoholic drinks, sodas, and sparkling water
- Harness.io, courtesy Dave Nielsen, door prize ($100 gift card and $500 Harness CI/CD credit)
- CircleCI, courtesy Jeremy Meiss, door prize (Sony noise cancelling headphones, WH-1000XM4)
Other groups joining us:
Various other user groups will be joining us for this festive holiday celebration - if your local tech user group wants to just pile onto this instead of trying to schedule a meeting near the holidays are welcome to call this their official December meeting too, sure! Comment to the effect of "add in XX" below and then point your members to this invite! You can also post it on your own Meetup but please ask members to also RSVP here because this will have the correct meeting link when the time comes.
- Austin DevOps - https://www.meetup.com/austin-devops
- The Austin Automation Professionals - https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Automation-Professionals/
- Austin Computer Book Club - https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Computer-Book-Club/
- Austin C++ Mentoring and Study Group - meetup.com/cppmsg
What's 12 Clouds?
You can see previous years' 12 Clouds lineups for
and 2011 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1BT9T2tcw).