Adventures with Agile are excited & proud to announce that Craig Larman - the co-founder of LeSS, will be leading a Certified LeSS Practitioner course this June 2018.
About This Course
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS (http://less.works/)—in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product developers, ...) explore a deep understanding of LeSS (http://less.works/), Large-Scale Scrum, for lean & agile development with many teams working together on one product. We explore adoption, new organizational design, systems thinking & optimization, the role of management, and concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture, planning, and more.
(Aside, but noteworthy: Course runs until 18:00 on all 3 days; for certification, full attendance required)
Critically, we explore the Big Idea of more with LeSS (https://less.works/less/principles/more-with-less.html): simplifying & descaling over "scaling", or... scaling product development by descaling the organization.
Perhaps most importantly and interestingly, this course runs mostly as a series of "at giant whiteboards" deep-thinking exercises involving systems modeling in small teams to explore why, so that people can own the ideas by discovering them for themselves, rather than "renting" the ideas. A focus on why and owning not renting are important elements of LeSS and how it's learned, and Craig emphasizes this in the course learning experience.
Join Larman for a deep dive into more with LeSS, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
Feedback from previous courses
“It was inspiring to discuss Large-Scale Scrum with Craig Larman. The content of the course was top-notch.” – Steve Alexander
“The delivery was outstanding and the supporting material vast and detailed.” – Simone Zecchi
“The best course I have ever been on. Totally blown away.” – Simon Powers
In addition to course material, each participant will also receive 2 books on LeSS:
Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSSScaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
Early Bird: £1799 +VAT
Standard: £1999 +VAT
book your place online (https://certified-less-practitioner-craig-larman-2018.eventbrite.co.uk/)
Group booking and payment by invoice available. Contact [masked] for details.
• LeSS principles,
• two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
• learning resources
• pre-adoption: building interest
• the adoption guides
• 3 principles
• getting started
• scope of first adoption
• stories of LeSS adoptions
Local Optimization & System Optimization
• local versus global systems optimization
• local optimization in backlogs
• local optimization in product definition
• local optimization in planning
• local optimization in in analysis & design
• local optimization in programming
• redefining the scope of product, and the impact on global optimization
• portfolio management
• shu-ha-ri and frameworks
• empirical process control
• why "More with LeSS"?systems optimization
• occupational psychology
• lean thinking & value-driven
• preparation meetings before first Sprint
• Sprint Planning with many teams
• coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
• scaling Product Backlog Refinement
• scaling the Sprint Review & Retrospective
LeSS Huge Framework
• Requirement Areas
• Area Product Owners
• role of Overall Product Owner
• Area Backlogs
More on LeSS Roles
• Managers in a LeSS organization
• Scrum Masters at scale
• Product Owner in LeSS
"It was inspiring to discuss Large Scale Scrum with Craig Larman. The venue was great, and the content of the course was top-notch."
What You Will Receive
After successful course completion (attending full-time, etc.)...
Here you can find:
• (free) digital versions of the first (https://www.amazon.com/Scaling-Lean-Agile-Development-Organizational-ebook/dp/B001PBSDIE) and third LeSS books (https://www.amazon.com/Large-Scale-Scrum-More-Addison-Wesley-Signature-ebook/dp/B01JP91OR4)
• more LeSS learning (videos, etc)
• the course handout PDF and photos of everything created within the course that was on the walls
• contacts of all course participants
• a course certificate
About Craig Larman
Craig has been named one of the top 20 Agile influencers of all time, and is the author of several books on scaling lean & agile development with LeSS.
Craig was one of the first Certified Scrum Trainers, and helped kick off the Agile movement, especially with his 2003 book “Agile & Iterative Development: A Manager’s Guide”.
"Fascinating course giving a privileged insight into how LeSS can change an organisation & behaviour"
Contact the course organisers - Adventures with Agile:
Scrum Alliance Endorsed Group
You will be eligible for 24 SEU points from the Scrum Alliance by taking this course.
Please read our full terms and conditions (http://www.adventureswithagile.com/events-training-terms-and-conditions/).