• Disadvantages of JS-usage (language flaws, absence of typing, runtime errors)
• Alternatives (TypeScript, Flow, ClosureScript, Elm, Scala.js) and brief comparison (subjective)
• Scala.js top features ("native" scala feeling, sbt, interoperability with js, moderate js-bundle size)
• Difficulties to use pure Scala.js to build frontend application (necessity to build own router, UI state management system, configure assets bundler)
• Scalajs-react features (Functional programming features, interoperability with pure js react components, integration with scalaz, routing, testing packages)
Expected duration: 45 min - 1 hour
The talk will be in English.
Beverages (water, soft drinks, beer) will be provided (but not food).
As usual, we'll have some casual get-together after the talk, either on the terrace or in one of the many pubs in the Schanzenviertel.
Accessibility: The meeting area is accessible by wheelchair (use the elevator to get to the 1st floor).