Join us in telling our story of Financial Markets BizDevOps: how the clients requests become bits and bytes in ING Cloud and what is the journey of a feature.
1. Financial Markets technology trends - What is eTrading, what are the challenges, and how is ING planning to be a market leader?
2. The Dev angle: from business to Java code - What about the challenges in understanding the business slang and choosing the right technologies and implementation approaches?
3. The Ops viewpoint - How to provide the information to the traders to take a good decision? KDB source of data for algo trading.
4. Dev workshop and Ops workshops
DEV WORKSHOP on how to price an option. We will onboard on a train with stops in different worlds. First we will have a very short visit to the „Business Station” and see what an option is, afterwards we will stop at the „Analysis Station” where the business need will be translated into something more tangible for us developers, and our last stop will be „Coding Station” where our journey will come to an end.
Here you will fire up your favorite Java IDE and we will start coding together our chosen solution.
A real life situation from the DevOps perspective with Q and KDB simple queries.
There will be a session of Q&A after each topic and we will finish with some drinks and getting to know the ING Financial Markets colleagues and our special guests.
- Biz: SIMON BEVAN - Head of eFX Trading and Strategy at ING
- Dev: STEFAN DASCALU - Senior Development Engineer in ING Pricing Architecture team
- Ops: EUGEN COTIGA - Senior DevOps Engineer in Trade Analytics team
- Bring your own laptop in order to participate in the workshop.
- Logistics for DEV workshop: laptop with JDK 8, Docker container, Maven and your favorite IDE.
- Please consider that English will be the official language for this meetup.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer