This is the Bitcoin Socratic Seminar by BitDevs.Berlin.
We're glad to announce our new event space sponsored by CODE University Berlin.
--- in-person participation
If you can not accept the health requirements, you're still welcome to join us via the jitsi link!
Last entry will be at 19:05, please be there on time.
At the entrance
- we need to collect full names and email
- all participants must be able to show proof of a current negative Corona test not older than 48 hours, or complete vaccination (both doses), or a previous Covid 19 infection not older than 6 months. If visitors are not in their seats, they must wear a medical face mask.
- Participants must wear a mask in the building before being seated in Wildenbruch (conference room)
- Participants also need to register/check-in in the corona warn app via a barcode.
- For Participants without corona warn app, phone numbers will be collected.
All private information will only be used to warn other participants about possible exposure in the event of a covid infection and otherwise deleted after 14 days.
The monthly Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion. In the weeks preceding the event, discussion topics are collated by meetup members from a variety of sources: pull requests in popular git repositories (e.g. Bitcoin Core, lnd, c-lightning, Joinmarket, Elements Alpha and Electrum), research papers, technical blog posts, IRC logs, network monitors and more. To complete the meeting, members present open source projects, companies, research and other relevant materials. A feedback and Q&A section follow.
More information can be found here: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-want-to-learn-about-bitcoin-try-a-local-socratic-seminar
To create a safe space for the open exchange of knowledge and ideas, this event will not recorded.
--- remote participation
We'll try to simultaneously stream on Jitsi for people who can't be with us in Berlin.
- The event is at https://meet.fulmo.org/SocraticSeminarBerlin#config.startWithAudioMuted=true&config.startWithVideoMuted=true
- We ask you to not record the event (audio, video or even screenshots).
- We will not record anything ourselves either, but you will be able to find all the links we are discussing on https://bitdevs.berlin within 24 hours of the event.
- You can speak about what you heard at the event but you can not attribute it to a specific person (see Chatham House rules)
- To save bandwidth for everyone please keep your video off.
- Feel free to use the chat as much as you like but keep in mind the moderator cannot monitor it all the time.
- Use the 'raise hand' feature if you want to participate in the discussion.
- If you don't have a microphone please address the second moderator, who is idle at the time, with your question in the chat.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer