*** YOU MUST BUY TICKETS ON EVENTBRITE TO ATTEND: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/augmented-thinking-designing-the-future-tickets-44390941501?aff=meetup ***
The design discipline as a whole finds itself at a convergence point. Emerging technology is creating crossovers between disparate fields, blending together technology and society in innumerable configurations. As the products we work on become more complex, our roles and responsibilities as designers are shifting, too.
This panel brings together Seattle-based designers, researchers, and practitioners of augmented and mixed reality as we look to the future. Join us as we explore the challenges of perception and embodiment, artificial intelligence, inclusion, and ethical design practices in this ever-changing discipline.
This event is organized by IxDA Seattle (http://ixdaseattle.org).
* Moderated by Hannah Mintek (https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannah-mintek-804476119/) – Lead Experience Designer at 8ninths, Inc.
* Jada Williams (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jada-williams/) – UX Lead - Mixed Reality | AR/VR at Microsoft
* Kelly Graham (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-graham-960a862b/) – Senior UX Designer at Windows Mixed Reality
* Xuny Haley (https://www.linkedin.com/in/xuny-haley/) – Operations Manager (XR/VR/AR startup space) at CoMotion Labs at University of Washington
* Brian Van Buren (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-van-buren/) – Narrative Designer at Tomorrow Today Labs
6:00p | Doors open
6:00 - 6:30p | food & drink & spontaneous conversation
6:30 - 7:30p | presentation & questions
7:30 - 8:00p | more food & drink & spontaneous conversation
8:00p | clean up!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer