ASP.NET in the Cloud. Jumping into Azure App Services
Azure App Services is a fully-managed cloud-based platform on which you can easily deploy and host your ASP.NET web, API and mobile apps.
It provides you a rich, built-in set of productivity features and application services – plumbing that you don’t have to write or buy.
In this session, we’ll...
• Create an ASP.NET MVC application in Visual Studio and run it on a local web server.
• Show you the ease at which this ASP.NET application can deploy to the Azure cloud.
• Leverage the Azure deployment slot feature to facilitate staged deployments.
• Demonstrate how you can easily scale applications on demand with high availability.
• Showcase the Azure diagnostic and logging features.
• Configure an App Service Hosting Plan to best meet your immediate needs
• Fly over numerous platform features, including remote debugging, always-on feature and more.
• Keep your front-end site responsive by decoupling background processes leveraging the Azure Web Job feature
You’ll walk away a clear understanding of how you can leverage the Azure App Services platform to deliver powerful, scalable software services to your customers and end-users.
Rob Vettor is a Senior Developer Consultant with Microsoft, helping Microsoft Enterprise customers construct high-quality software. Rob focuses on application architectural guidance focusing on Microsoft cloud, web and data technologies, including Azure, Core, ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Entity Framework. A former user group leader, 3-time C# MVP and co-author of the book Entity Framework 6 Recipes, Rob is a frequent presenter at regional technical conferences and has built systems for a number of corporations, including Avanade, Raytheon, American Express and Jack Henry and Associates. Rob lives in Dallas, TX, with his wife, twin sons, three dogs and two cats. You can contact Rob at [masked].