King County employees: King County employees are eligible for a discounted rate. Please visit "How to Register for KCGIS Training".
Public employees in Washington: Visit your Washington State Department of Enterprise Services "King County GIS Center Training Program" web page.
Make the switch from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS Pro!
With fast processing, enhanced 3D capabilities, and a new intuitive interface, ArcGIS Pro promises a wealth of potential for experienced GIS users. This course is designed to help users get up and running in Pro as quickly as possible. Become familiar with the new project structure, understand the intuitive and dynamic interface structure, and learn how to do all of your favorite tasks in a whole new way.
This class is for those who are comfortable with ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) and want to learn how to use ArcGIS Pro, in order to incorporate it as part of their overall GIS arsenal.
Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro
- An overview of the ArcGIS platform and how ArcGIS Pro fits
- Opening and navigating a project in the software
Starting Your Project
- Create a project and add maps and data
- Work with layers in the new environment of ribbons, panes, and views
Working with Layers
- Set transparency and scale dependency
- Create unique value and graduated color legends
- Label maps
Connecting to a Portal
- Explore the relationship between ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online/Portal
- Learn how to share content between them
Working in 3D
- Convert 2D maps to 3D maps
- Understand the difference between 3D in Pro compared to 3D Analyst in ArcMap
Analysis and Geoprocessing
- Organization and functionality of analysis tools in Pro
- Geoprocessing and Network Analyst tools, ModelBuilder, Python, and raster functions
Managing and Editing Data
- Editing environment and capabilities
- Editing tab and the Create Features and Modify Features panes
- Compare layout capabilities in ArcGIS Pro with ArcMap
- Create multiple layouts within a project, 3D map frames, and more
Prerequisites and Recommendations
Attendees should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and have a comfortable working knowledge of the use of ArcGIS Desktop, including the topics covered in both the Fundamentals of ArcGIS and Intermediate GIS Concepts classes.
What You Will Receive
- 15 hours of instruction from a CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT).
- Use of a student PC while in class, with appropriate GIS software and access to training data.
- A TeachMeGIS student workbook (to keep) which includes the lecture slides, exercises, and a DVD of the training data.
- Upon completion, a signed completion certificate which will indicate the CEUs (1.5) and GISCI points (0.375) earned.
- KCGIS Center’s “30-for-30 Support Plan”—30 minutes of one-on-one instructor phone support for up to 30 days after class completion. This is our commitment to you to help ensure that you can apply your new GIS skills successfully.
KCGIS Training Terms and Conditions
By registering for one of our classes, you agree to our Terms and Conditions; you may review them here: http://kingcounty.gov/services/gis/training/TermsConditions.aspx.