There is no shortage of big problems facing humanity, especially in the FoodSystem. Environmental degradation, food waste, obesity, sugar-/protein-challenge and the need to feed 9 Bio people in a fair, healthy, sustainable manner, are just some challenges. However: there is a shortage of passionate/ambitious founders trying to solve these problems. More than ever, entrepreneurs building on "Frontier Technology" can truly change the world. There is incredible potential for private enterprises to make a real financial and societal impact. At this FI event, you can meet and hear from entrepreneurs and experts tackling the major problems of humanity, and maybe even learn how you can start harnessing your passion and ambition to do the same.
“I find out what the world needs. Then, I go ahead and invent it.” - Thomas Edison
>> Speaker line-up
Join us for an inspiring night with a line-up of great speakers such as Alexander Mathys (Laboratory of Sustainable Food Processing), Jana Thiel (Chair of Entrepreneurship) and some of the most disruptive Swiss AgriFoodTech Startups.
>> Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who wants to build a company to solve one of humanity's biggest problems - especially Food/Agro related
- Anyone that wants to learn more about the process of building a high-impact company
- Anyone that wants to learn about the opportunities in "Frontier Technology"
>> What are some of the Topics?
- What are the various sectors, opportunities, and challenges prime for ambitious entrepreneurs
- What are the first steps for founders buidling "Frontier Technology"
- What are the unique challenges facing these types of companies, and how they can be overcome
- Other considerations for founders building high-impact companies that change the current FoodSystem
- and more...
>> What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Talks from Founders building "Frontier Technology" for Agro and Food
- Meet Founders and disruptive Startups in the space of Agro and Food
- Discussion and Drinks
>> >> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/190501/meetup
This event is sponsored by the Founder Institute startup accelerator. Founder Institute provides a step-by-step program that gives startup founders the structure, mentor support, and network of entrepreneurs they need to start an enduring company. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems worldwide.
If you have any feedback on this event, please let us know at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fi-events
Also, remember to sign up for our Founder Insight mailing list to receive exclusive startup training videos and articles every Monday and Thursday: http://fi.co/subscribe
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer