Andrey will present A Crash Course in Practical Load Testing, for Developers. Participants will install and run Taurus on their own computers, run their own tests in CI/CD and will also scale them in BlazeMeter. In order to do this, each participant will need to bring their own laptop.
He will cover:
- How to save time by not load testing unnecessary cases
- How to test efficiently, by focusing on practical outcomes
- Capacity measurement vs. response time measurement
- The role of tools: load generating tools and reporting tools, of resource monitoring and APMs
- How to understand and analyse load test reports
- The connection of load testing with functional testing and how to reuse test scripts
- A demo of Taurus, and how developers can run their own performance tests during development, including integrating them into a CI/CD cycle
Andrey Pokhilko is a renowned thought leader and innovator within the Apache JMeter performance testing community, founder of JMeter-Plugins.org - the largest source of independent plugins for JMeter, and creator and lead developer on the Taurus project. Andrey has worked extensively to create and develop tools that enhance the Apache JMeter protocol coverage and analytical reporting capabilities. He has world-class experience with large-scale performance testing, having led the load testing team for five years at search engine giant Yandex, and has been the Open Source Evangelist for the BlazeMeter team for the last 5 years.