Do you want to practice your data skills while helping a good cause? Join DataPhilly and R-Ladies Philly for a 6-week datathon focused on exploring data for ElderNet, a local non-profit organization whose mission is to help elderly and disabled citizens maintain their independence at home. We will help them explore, stratify, and visualize their support services to ultimately tell a data story of ElderNet's impact in the Lower Merion and Narbeth region. We will be working on a deidentified subset of these data in order to:
- better understand the needs of our elderly and disabled population through data
- hone our data science skills
- learn and practice R, Python, and/or other languages you decide to use (there will be ways to contribute for people of all levels of experience with coding)
- get our hands dirty and our heads spinning with rich and messy real-world data
- work together, network, and make (new) friends in the data world!
- have fun nerding out together over data :)
The repository for the datathon can be found here: TBD
See you there!