GraphQL is an intuitive and easy-to-use technology to build powerful APIs. Originated at Facebook it is now open source and a smooth alternative to REST and Swagger/OpenAPI.
Day 1 (10am-1pm)
A hands-on session where together we will build a movie database API with GraphQL on NodeJS. We will also explain the reasons behind using GraphQL compared to traditional RESTful APIs.
- Explain why GraphQL
- Set up GraphQL API with NodeJS
- Create a data graph and resolvers
- Run GraphQL playground and API discovery
- Make the API more efficient
Day 2 (10am-1pm)
A hands-on session where together we will build a website in React with GraphQL for a movie database. We will work through simple tasks building React components and querying data with a GraphQL client (Apollo React).
- Explain React basics and Context API
- Set up React website
- Explain differences between GraphQL and REST
- Integrate GraphQL in React website
- Laptop and charger
- Visual Studio Code is recommended
- NodeJS (at least v10)
- Latest version of any browser (Google Chrome is highly recommended)
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer